The House Then
Designed by Daniel Riggs Huntington, a well respected Seattle architect, this replica of George Washington's beloved Mount Vernon home was built in 1925. Employed as the City of Seattle architect from 1912 until 1921, Huntington also designed the Fremont library branch, the Lake Union Steam Plant, several fire stations and the Washington Street Boat Landing. While the Chapter House was "purpose built" as a meeting place, the membership always intended their hospitality to extend to the community in the form of a venue for private, public and non-profit events.
The House Now
Located on the northwest slope of Capitol Hill in the historic Harvard-Belmont Landmark District, we continue the mission of our visionary founders by offering our house for events ranging from weddings to corporate meetings, memorial services to auctions, baptisms to retirement parties.